Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Does Milk Cause Acne?


 
I'm not a doctor or scientist, but through personal experiences and those of my friends and family I've noticed a correlation between acne and dairy. Personally the moment I start consuming dairy my skin breaks out with deep "cyst-like" pimples. My sisters have experienced similar reactions. So, when I meet clients who mention they're uncomfortable with the condition of their skin I recommend going one week with out dairy and seeing if their body responds. I've had clients with great success who have removed dairy from their diet. Most often their skin begins to look better and sometimes their body compositions gets better because they have removed high fat cheese and high sugar/fat ice cream. I'm not saying cutting out dairy is right for everyone, but if you're struggling with acne give it a try!

It seems I'm not the only one who has experienced this correlation! Read more here. And here! And here!

No comments:

Post a Comment