Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Why people are afraid of Yoga...

Personal Trainer: Have you ever tried Yoga?

Client: No, it's hard. I'm not flexible.

Trainer: I'm not disagreeing with you, but how do you know it's hard if you've never tried it?

Client: I've seen it on TV and I have a friend who does it.

Trainer: Oh, ok.

Client: Are you gonna make me do yoga?

Trainer: No.

Client: Then why'd you ask?

Trainer: Just curious.

Client: Ya, I just don't like it. I'm not in to that "hippie" stuff, and it's too quiet in there...how boring?

Trainer: You're right it is quiet in there. But you'd be surprised, not everyone is a hippie.

1 WEEK LATER----

Client: So I was telling my friend how sore I was from training with you last week, she said, "let's go to yoga!" I reluctantly went and it wasn't hard, but it was hard to keep quiet because I wanted to say ouch from the soreness in my legs! Thanks for making me go, I felt really good after, maybe yoga's not so bad.

Yoga is only as hard as you want it to be. Most people want to try it, but are too afraid to. Sometimes all it takes to step outside the box and give it a try is a little push from a friend and/or trainer. Even if you've tried yoga and think you don't like it, try again. There are so many different types and styles of yoga; one size does not fit all.  Just because Jane down the street does Hip-Hop Yoga and Sally does Power Yoga  doesn't mean you can't like AntiGravity or Heightened Yoga. 

Try something new and let me know how it goes!




No comments:

Post a Comment