Wednesday, February 8, 2012

PINTEREST!!!

Ok! Where the heck have I been?!? Honestly... Pinterest! I'll admit every time I sit down to work, blog, or research I end up on Pinterest. Anyone else addicted? Well, on the plus side I have discovered tons of new recipes to try and blogs to love. The highlight of my Pinterest adventures thus far was my encounter with one of my blogging idols. Cara, of Cara's Craving sent me a thank you message for repinning something of hers. I have a couple of blogging idols and her blog is definitely top 5 in my book.  Plus, the simple act of her sending me a thank you note reinforced the kind personality I imagine her having. I send my personal training clients to her blog for healthy recipes all the time so needless to say I was excited to connect with her and tell her how much I appreciate her work. Check out her blog if you haven't done so already-- http://www.carascravings.com/






Also while on Pinterest I discovered recipes for Chia Pudding. Yes, Chia not like Chia Pets but Chia seeds. They are nutrient dense little bundles of goodness when combined with almond milk or the liquid of your choice. In texture they remind me of quinoa, tapioca, and flaxseeds all mixed together. Nutritionally speaking they're over achievers to say the least; they're high fiber, omega 3's and the list goes on. My favorite "pudding" so far is chocolate with almond butter and banana...


Chia Pudding Recipe

Ingredients:
3/4 cup chia seeds
2 cups almond milk
Stevia & vanilla extract to taste 

Directions:
Mix the ingredients together, and let them rest, then mix well with a fork every five minutes or so. It will be liquidy at first but the chia seeds will plump up in about 15 mins until the pudding looks similar to tapioca. To add a little decadence to your pudding try stiring in a couple of your favorite things like...Cocoa Powder, fruit, chopped nuts or nut butters, protein powder, chocolate chips (on occasion) or anything you'd like! One of my favorite combinations is below:
Cocoa Powder
 Almond and Flax butter 
Banana
Enjoy, and let me know what you think. What are your favorite mix-ins?

No comments:

Post a Comment