Friday 2/10 Agenda:
Client at 6:15am- Cancelled
Client at 7:15am- Cancelled
Bootcamp at 9am- AWESOME!
Kinesis at 10am- always a hoot
Client at 10:45am- Getting stronger every session
Lunch at 12- soo good...Baked Chicken and Roasted Rainbow Chard, Brussels, Bell Pepper, Onion, Tomatoes sprinkled with Hemp Seeds! (see below for recipe)
1pm- Lesson Planning for Fitness Business and Postural Analysis Class Tomorrow- ugh! I'm stuck in blogging heaven, lesson plans can wait!
Bootcamp at 5pm-
Dinner at 7pm- Opa! Opa!
SLEEP 8:30pm- Yes, 8:30 is my bedtime. I'm up at 4:30am Mon-Fri so I'm pretty worthless after 9pm, just ask my family and friends I get a little silly after 9!
Happy Friday, ENJOY!
I get bi-weekly vegetable delivery from It's Organic, it's a big box for about $35/month. I still have to grocery shop for veggies each week (or more) because we eat so many veggies, but I look forward to our It's Organic delivery because it forces me to cook things I wouldn't normally buy. Rainbow Chard, for example is something I wouldn't buy on my own; I've made it a couple of times but never really cared for it. Until...today! This was the easiest preparation I've done so far and it was so yummy! Here it goes:
1. Set Oven to 375 degrees
2. Wash and cut veggies of your choice in to 2 inch pieces, I find the ones below roast better than others:
Rainbow Chard or Swiss Chard
Cauliflower or Broccoli
Red Bell Pepper
3. Rub baking sheet with Coconut Oil moistened towel to prepare pan.
4. Place veggies on baking sheet and place in preheated oven for 5 mins.
5. Remove veggies from oven after 5 mins and stir around, spray with Olive Oil and sprinkle with 1/2 cup hemp seed, place back in oven until golden brown (about 10mins for a full baking sheet).
6. Remove from oven and enjoy your veggies warm!
The veggies will be roasted to perfection and the hemp seeds adds a little crunch, protein, and omega 3's and 6's! It's a great light meal and so good! I ate mine with a 4 oz of baked chicken because 2 bootcamp class Friday's require a little more healthy fuel! I think garlic would be a great addition...lucky for the my evening bootcamp class I didn't think of that sooner :) What's your favorite veggie combo?