Sunday, June 30, 2013

Oven Roasted Veggies

Oven Roasted Veggies
 I get bi-weekly vegetable delivery from It's Organic, it's a big box for about $35/month. I still have to grocery shop for veggies each week (or more) because we eat so many veggies, but I look forward to our It's Organic delivery because it forces me to cook things I wouldn't normally buy. Rainbow Chard, for example is something I wouldn't buy on my own; I've made it a couple of times but never really cared for it. Until...today! This was the easiest preparation I've done so far and it was so yummy! Here it goes:

1. Set Oven to 375 degrees


2. Wash and cut veggies of your choice in to 2 inch pieces, I find the ones below roast better than others:

Rainbow Chard or Swiss Chard 
Onion
Cauliflower or Broccoli
Brussels
Tomatoes
Red Bell Pepper

3. Rub baking sheet with Coconut Oil moistened towel to prepare pan.

4. Place veggies on baking sheet and place in preheated oven for 5 mins.
5. Remove veggies from oven after 5 mins and stir around, spray with Olive Oil and sprinkle with 1/2 cup hemp seed, place back in oven until golden brown (about 10mins for a full baking sheet).
6. Remove from oven and enjoy your veggies warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment