Sunday, February 3, 2013

Dessert Hummus

Happy Super Bowl Sunday! I have to admit I'm a terrible sports fan, I love playing sports, but watching them bores me to tears. Luckily no one forces me to watch; instead of watching the game or interrupting others who actually care about the score I'm spending some time in the gym and kitchen where I can do the things I love on Super Bowl Sunday.

Going in to Fitness Rehab this morning was just what I needed, 30 mins of yoga and foam rolling (I'm so super sore from dead lifting with Cara yesterday) and then Spin. I can actually touch my toes again. My Monday morning Yoga students will happy to not hear moan as I forward fold after sun salutations.

The recipe I'm making for today serves as great dip for parties, but I really like it because I love nut butters and they are healthy in moderation. I eat them very conservatively because they pack so many calories and fat in to very small portions. This dip allows you to stretch your serving of nut butter out so that you can eat each slice of your apple with dip or make ants on log without over indulging.

Today we are making Sweet Hummus or Dessert Hummus, whichever you'd like to call it. The best part of this recipe is that you may have all the ingredients at home right now!

Grown Up Ants on Log with Dessert Hummus

DESSERT HUMMUS

1 12oz can Garbanzo Beans or White Beans drained and rinsed
1/2 cup Granulated Stevia (or sweetener or choice Maple Syrup, agave etc)
1/4 cup Nut butter (Almond, Peanut, or Cashew)
1/2 t salt
1 t Cinnamon
1 t Vanilla Extract
1/8 cup Ground Flax or Quick Oats
1/4 cup optional add-ins, Raisins, mini chocolate chips, slice almonds, Vanilla protein Powder, or crushed peanuts.
(if you need more moisture add water 1 T at a time)

1. Combine all ingredients in food processor and mix until creamy or to your desired consistency.




2. Enjoy with sliced apple, carrots sticks, celery etc!


No comments:

Post a Comment