Wednesday, April 4, 2012
This post was inspired by a couple of things...
1. I ate 4 of these in one setting and I believe any recipe that good should be shared.
2. It's almost Easter and while most foodie bloggers will be posting decadent egg shaped treats, I'll be posting the real deal....Egg Mc-No muffin needed!
So these little guys are full of protein, easy to make, keep well in the fridge and can be reheated. The options for ingredients are endless as far as veggies and meats or cheeses go. Here's my favorite and probably easiest version as far a prep goes:
3 whole eggs
1 cup cooked spinach (chopped, steamed and drained)
3/4 cup Salsa
6 oz diced cooked turkey bacon or shredded chicken (optional)
Black and Cayenne Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine egg whites and whole eggs, beat until well mixed. Add spinach, salsa, and meat if desired. Mix thoroughly and refrigerate, I let mine chill for 4 hours but definitely not necessary.
3. Spray non-stick muffin tin with coconut oil (or oil of your choice) and rub in the creases. Pour egg mixture in to muffin tin filling each cup half way. Then bake for approximately 20-25 mins, but keep an eye on the little guys because they may brown quickly depending on your oven. They will puff up and settle back down when they cool. Let cool in tins before removing and then ENJOY!
Makes about 14 Egg Mc-NO muffin needed muffins.
Serving size 1 muffin (with chicken):
Calories: 57 cals
Hello healthy and delicious! Finally a muffin you can eat 4 of and not feel guilty! :)