Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Bald at Last...

So here we are 3 weeks, 54 donations and $2,250 later and I'm bald at last. I'm thrilled with the donation results and to have taken part in such a wonderful charity. Next year I'd like to organize a "shaving event" so if you thought about it this year, but weren't quite ready to say goodbye to your lovely locks you'll have an opportunity next year.

During the 3 weeks that I was trying to collect pledges I had several people ask why I was doing this or who the child was that I was raising money for? My response was nobody, but my response really should have been everybody. Over 90% of my clients have children, I'm an anutie and a second cousin. Today's children are tomorrow leaders and for the first time in our history children are expected to live shorter lives than their parents. One must ask, why?

The top two causes of death in the US in 2010 were Heart Disease and Cancer. If you believe that heart disease is generally caused by poor diet and lack of exercise we'd be in good company to assume that it's a role of a personal trainer to steer clients away from poor habits and encourage their clients to act otherwise. I encourage everyone to eat well, exercise and make sure that the children in our lives do the same.

When it comes to fighting cancer as a personal trainer I can only do so much on my own, but foundations like St. Baldrick's that fund cancer research enable us to fight together. Together we can fight for longer lives for today's children and future generations.

Thank you all for your love and support!
Check out my donation page for before and after pictures or to make a donation if you haven't done so already!


No comments:

Post a Comment