Chocolate Dipped Citrus Cookie Dough Balls
1/2 cup cashews
3/4 cup oats
3/4 cup coconut flour
1 scoop Met-Rx Vanilla Protein Powder
5 pitted and chopped dates
1 tsp. vanilla
4 TB maple syrup (or Alt. Sweetner)
1 mandarin peeled
Zest of one orange
¼ cup juice from an orange
6 TB mini chocolate chips (Sugar free if available)
1/2 cup dark chocolate for melting (Sugar free if available)
(Adapted from http://thediva-dish.com/)
1. In a food processor or high speed blender, process the cashews, dates and oats until fine.
2. Then add flour and protein powder and process until fine crumbs.
3. Dump dry ingredients from food processor in a separate bowl.
4. Place mandarin in food processor and “liquefy.”
3. Add maple syrup, vanilla, ½ the orange zest, the OJ and liquefied mandarin to the dry ingredients.
4. Next fold in mini chocolate chips. Take dough and form into little balls. Insert a toothpick in them and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or baking mat. Set in fridge and get ready to melt chocolate.
5. In a double broiler, melt chocolate and orange zest until creamy. Remove from heat, and get balls out of the fridge.
6. Dip the balls into the chocolate about halfway.
7. Keep balls refrigerated or in the freezer.
8. Share and Enjoy!