Click here to learn more. To add variety to our diet and keep our bodies functioning optimally I believe that using vegetarian sources of protein sporadically can be beneficial. Meaning that I don't think meat is bad, but sometimes I think it's appropriate to less meat and more veggies and legumes (don't get crazy my meat loving friends.)! But if you really want some "vegucation" check out this video. Without further ado...
8 oz Spaghetti or noodle shape of choice
1 Jar Spaghetti Sauce (no corn syrup or weird stuff and homemade is even better!)
1 carton sliced baby bella mushrooms (or about 15 sliced mushrooms)
20 cherry tomatoes
1 sliced white onion
1 head of chopped broccoli
1 sliced zucchini
1 can garbanzo beans
2 Tbsp Oil ( I used MCT, you'll want one that can sustain high heat)
2+ oz of Mozzarella Cheese and or parmesan
Red Pepper flakes
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Cook spaghetti, drain, place back in pot and pour sauce on top. Mix together and set aside. (while pasta is cooking it's a good time to chop veggies.)
3. Once your veggies are chopped place them on baking sheet and season with sea salt, pepper and toss with oil. Place in oven for 10 minutes at 450 degrees.
4. While the veggies are cooking spread the spaghetti in bottom of a large glass baking dish as pictured below.
5. Place the drained and rinsed garbanzo beans on top in an even fashion.
6. If using cheese place a light layer of cheese top of the garbanzo beans and spaghetti.
7. When the veggies are done place them on top of the spaghetti, garbanzos and cheese.
8. Add more cheese if desired and place place oven at 450 degrees or until cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
|Before it goes in the oven for it's final melt.|