Before we get started I want to make it clear I'm not encouraging tortilla chips as an everyday snack, but we make homemade nachos as a special treat about twice a month. Our homemade nachos are not your average nachos though. Give them a try and see whatcha think, we like them better than any restaurant variety.
2 Servings (12-18 chips) Store Bought (no more than 4 ingredients: Oil, Corn, Salt & Lime) or homemade
1 lb ground Grass fed Bison
5 oz Shredded Raw White Cheddar Cheese
1 white or yellow onion
1 12oz bag of spinach
1 cup Mississippi Caviar
1 Bunch Cilantro
Fajita seasonings for ground bison
Greek whole milk plain yogurt or sour cream
Finely Shredded Red Cabbage (look for a future post on my purple nachos)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place chips on an oven safe dish and top with cheese, set aside.
3. Brown the ground bison and seasonings in a skillet on the stove top, drain grease. Add diced onions and spinach, continue to cook spinach until wilted. Turn off heat and cover.
4. Put chips and cheese in oven, and set timer for 5-8 minutes (keep an eye on the cheese until it's golden brown).
5. Remove cheesy chips from oven and top with ground bison/spinach, Mississippi caviar and toppings of your choice.